Having some trouble with your spreader? Don't worry - below are some pro tips for troubleshooting your spreader that should get you up and running in no time.
- As you know, fertilizer is extremely corrosive. After spreading material, completely wash and dry your ATV Spreader. A light coat of oil on all metal parts and motor will help prevent rusting and corrosion.
- Keep your feed gate clean. Simply remove the 2 screws from the bottom and slide the cover forward until it drops off. Use a soft bristle brush to clean the felt and remove any dust from around the gear or on the felt.
- If you are having a power issue, it could be the result of a defective wiring harness. You can return the harness for testing and/or replacement if it's under warranty. If not under warranty, a replacement harness can be purchased by clicking here.
- If your feed gate is having trouble opening or closing you will need to calibrate the wiring harness. This should be done each time it is first connected to the vehicle. To calibrate, hold the OFF button and the ON button momentarily. While in calibration mode, the lights will flash rapidly. Once complete, the lights will go out and the gate will close and you will be ready for operation.
- Ensure that nothing is blocking your feed gate, such as clumps of fertilizer. If it is still not working after that then a new feed gate will need to be installed. If under warranty, please contact us below. If out of warranty, click here to purchase a replacement feed gate.
- If your motor is not working, check to see if you can turn the motor by hand. If successful, the issue could related to the wiring harness and might need to be replaced. If the motor will not turn by hand then it is defective and you will need to send it in for testing if under warranty, or purchase a replacement by clicking here.
- The wire harness is 23ft long from the cigarette lighter to the feed gate.
- The control has an ON/OFF switch and is adjustable in 6 different increments allowing you to control the amount that it spreads.
- It is advised that you clean the spreader after every use. When washing it off, have the motor running then place the unit where the water will run out of the motor. Once dry, be sure to spray the metal parts with WD-40 and put a little 3-in-1 oil on the shaft to prevent corrosion. Store the unit where the oil will run down the shaft to the motor.
- Your motor operates at approximately 900 rpm and will draw around 3 amps depending on the load. The spread width is 10-30ft depending on the material being spread.
- Your spreader can spread things like fertilizer, salt and seeds. If you are spreading VERY small seeds, it is advised that you mix the seed with a little dry sand. It will also spread pelletized lime, NOT powdered lime.
Converting your Manual Feed Gate to Electronic Feed Gate:
- How to Install:
- Remove push gate parts from the hopper - 3/8 nut = 9/16 socket
- Remove the stiffener from the bottom of inside barrel - 7/16
- Remove the bad from around the hopper - 5/16 nut = 1/2 socket
- Remove eye bolt - 1/2 nut = 3/4 socket
- Remove the 2 phillips head screws from the electric gate, then remove the top clear plate
- Remove the slide gate part
- Lay electric gate down onto the hopper, mark the 2 holes and drill through the hopper - drill bit 7/64
- Insert the screws through the gate and bolt from inside the hopper
- Replace slide gate and clear plate
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.