Moultrie Feeders use ¼” Whole Kernel Corn. Please see below for further information about our recommended feed types.
- Whole, clean kernel corn is recommended.
- Corn mixed with soybeans or pellets is also effective for attracting and feeding deer. Feed should be around .25 inches in diameter. However, mixing corn with soybeans or pellets could cause clogging depending on the ratio of corn to additive or the type/brand of additive
- When not mixed with corn, some protein-pellet type feeds will absorb moisture and swell. This can clog the feeder and keep it from working properly. We recommend using one of our various gravity feeders for feeding protein pellets.
- Do not use feeds that contain mineral powders in them. The minerals and salts will cause corrosion and rust on metal spinning parts which can prevent spinner from working properly over time. We recommend using one of our various gravity feeders for feeding feeds blended with powdered minerals.
- Moisture in Barrel/Hopper:
- Lid Not Pressed Down Firmly
- Lid not twisted all the way down
- Hopper top and bottom not pressed together firmly
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.