Having trouble getting power? Watch the short video below, or continue scrolling to see why your Moultrie Feeder Kit isn't powering on, or the timer display is distorted.
Watch Our Video
More Troubleshooting Tips
- Make sure you are using a good 6-Volt / 5-Amp Battery, such as Energizer or Moultrie battery. Pay particular attention to the amperage. Many commercial 6-Volt batteries produce less than 5 Amps and can cause intermittent power issues.
- If you using the D-cell converter pack, switch to a 6-Volt battery which can give more amperage to the motor.
- If the battery is rechargeable, ensure the battery is a 6-volt / 5-Amp battery and is fully charged and working properly.
- Check your battery again, even if it is new. Just because it's new does not mean that it is a good battery. Sometimes you can get a defective battery.
- Attempt a reset by pressing and holding the reset button located on the backside of your timer, where the wires come out, for 30 seconds.
- If using a solar panel, ensure that the battery is connected to the feeder before you plug in or clip on the solar unit.
- Ensure the spin plate is securely on the shaft and you are using the recommended feed.
- Cold weather can impact your battery and can cause it to lose power or freeze.
Still Need More Information? We’re Here to Help! Use the link below to Contact Us.